When making this recipe I like to use my homemade buffalo sauce, as it uses Sriracha – the best chili sauce known to man (or me at least).
Ingredients (makes 4 burgers):
- 2 cups of buffalo sauce, store bought or see the recipe here
- 2 chicken breasts
- ½ cup blue cheese dip, store bought or see recipe here
- 6 bread rolls
- 2 celery sticks
- 1 carrot
- 3-4 spring onions
- Small bunch of coriander, chopped
- Add chicken and buffalo sauce to slow cooker & cook on low for 6 hours.
- Shred chicken with 2 forks, have a taste and if more spice is required add more sriracha and tobasco. Replace slow cooker lid and switch off.
- Meanwhile, prepare the blue cheese coleslaw. Shred the celery and carrots (I used the julienne side of one of these peelers, but grating the carrot and slicing the celery finely will work too), chop the spring onion and put in a bowl along with the blue cheese dressing and the coriander and mix.
- Toast the buns, give the chicken a stir and assemble the burgers!