This recipe is inspired by the classic salad, but I feel that it is too far removed to be called a Caesar Salad. This is great for a summer lunch or can be scaled down and served as a starter.
Ingredients (Serves 2):
- 300-350g of cooked prawns, peeled (I kept the heads and tails on 2 of the prawns to use as garnish)
- 1 small chorizo sausage, diced
- 1 avocado, roughly diced
- 2 slices of bread (I used multi grain), diced into cubes
- 1 cos/little gem lettuce, torn into large pieces
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 1 tbsp of mild chili sauce
- A splash of Tabasco
- A pinch of smoked paprika
1) Preheat the oven to 200°C/390℉.
2) Fry the chorizo in a non stick frying plan until crispy, remove with a slotted spoon, reserving the oils in the pan.
3) Add the cubed bread into the pan coating it in the chorizo oil then transfer to a baking tray lined with baking paper and bake in the oven for 10-12 mins until golden.
4) Meanwhile mix the mayo, sour cream, chili sauce, Tabasco and paprika to make the dressing.
5) Add the prawns, avocado, croutons, chorizo and lettuce into a large bowl with half of the dressing and mix.
6) Arrange on the plate, drizzle the remaining dressing on top and sprinkle on some more paprika and serve.