Ingredients (serves 12)
- 1.2kg chicken thigh fillets, cubed
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 large brown/white onions, sliced
- 2 birds eye chilies, diced
- 400g can coconut milk
- 250g snow peas/mange tout sliced
- 350g capsicum/bell peppers sliced
- 1 tbsp cornflour
- 250ml of mango chutney, store bought or see recipe here
- 200g Curry Blocks/Bricks (I used 2 x 100g packs of this Golden Curry Sauce Mix, found at any Asian grocery store and some supermarkets, Curry paste or powder would work too, but I think the blocks add a great flavour).
1) Add onions, chilies, garlic, chicken and your preferred curry seasoning to the slow cooker along with 700ml of water and cook for 3 hours on high or 6 on low.
2) Add the mange tout, peppers, coconut milk and mango chutney to the cooker. Blend the cornflour with 1 tbsp water and add, cook for a further hour.
3) Stir & serve! I got 4 portions out of this, then froze another 8, I’ve found this recipe freezes really well.